Hey Single Moms- Here are Ten Reasons Why Any Man Would Be Lucky to Date You!
Hey Single Mamas…Happy Sunday :)
This week I’ve got two great new features for you to check out, but before I get to those, I wanted to share this inspirational list with you:
10 reasons to date a single mom
This list was compiled from the answers of men who responded to a Yahoo! Personals poll on why single mothers make great dates – and great mates. Here are their top 10 reasons:
1. You know she’s strong if she can handle the responsibilities of single parenthood.
2. She’s not going to gamble her child’s happiness on just any man – so by agreeing to date you, she’s paying you a compliment.
3. Juggling parenting and a job keeps her busy – too busy to check up on your movements or start baying at the moon if you don’t call.
4. She understands the difference between quality and quantity time. You don’t have to be around 24/7, but when you do get together, she’ll make it worth your while.
5. Single moms can cook!
6. In fact, she spends so much time slaving over a hot stove that she’ll consider even a burger a treat, as long as she doesn’t have to butter the roll herself!
7. Because she can’t hit the tiles every night, she enjoys her time out more than women who can come and go as they please.
8. No spur-of-the-moment dates – you have to plan. Planning entails anticipation… and anticipation heightens pleasure.
9. Single mothers know what it costs to raise a family, so big price tags don’t impress them much.
10. Single mothers already know how to change tyres and fit plugs to minor appliances. They want you around for your company – not just because you’re tall enough to reach the light-bulb in the bathroom.
Okay so now that you’re feeling all warm and fuzzy inside…if you’re not re-read this list until that fuzziness starts to wash over you and then check out my book review of A Cup of Comfort for Single Mothers which is sure to up your quotient of feeling great about being a single parent. And then beef up your ability to talk Sex Ed with your kids! And as always, check out our forums, and let us know what’s on your mind.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend-
Family Channel Editor, Single Minded Women