Authentic Guacamole Recipe
By SMW Staff
Whether it’s a for the big game, Cinco de Mayo, or a backyard barbeque, guacamole and chips are a must. Of course everyone has their own opinion on what makes the “best guacamole,” but Celebrity chef George Duran (of Food Network and TLC Ultimate Cake Off fame) has an authentic guacamole recipe that stands out for two very delicious reasons.
First, George’s version is crunchy, stemming from a fresh medley of diced radishes and chives, taking texture to another level.
Second, and most importantly, George’s recipe is prepared authentically, as it would be in a traditional Latin household by using a granite Molcajete (a Mexican mortar and pestle), to mince and mix the ingredients. Not only does this method make a mean Guac, but it makes for a rich, festive presentation.
Crunchy Herbed Guacamole Recipe
- 2 Ripened avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 Small red radishes, diced
- ¼ Cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ Cup snipped fresh chives
- Kosher salt or table salt, to taste
- Juice of ½ lime
- Bottled Chipotle Hot Pepper Sauce (optional)
- Scoop avocado flesh into a Molcajete (Chef George recommends Imusa Granite Molcajete) and add the cilantro, chopped chives, lime juice, and chipotle hot pepper sauce.
- Gently mash with until the desired consistency is reached.
- Fold in diced radishes and season with salt to taste.
More Delicious SingleMindedWomen.com Recipes