Baked Chicken with New Potatoes, Carrots, and Shallots
By SMW Staff
“Kids Who Love to Cook” is a webseries filled with cooking videos for kids. Thirteen year-old Abby made the following recipe and says, “It’s so much fun for me to be able to cook for people and help them learn to love new things just like I do!”
Get your kids into the kitchen to make this Baked Chicken recipe.
Baked Chicken with New Potatoes, Carrots, and Caramelized Shallots Recipe
Serves four to six
- 8 pieces chicken (4 thighs and 4 drumsticks)
- 4 new potatoes, halved
- 4 young carrots
- 4 medium-large shallots, halved
- 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Put chicken, potatoes, carrots, and shallots in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and soy sauce (if using); season with salt and pepper.
- Toss everything in the baking dish and place in the oven.
- After 20 minutes, turn the chicken pieces and scrape off the shallots clinging to the pan. Spoon juices and shallots over the chicken. Return dish to oven.
- After another 20 minutes, check if chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Find more dinnertime inspiration check out kidswholovetocook.com.