Celebrity Chef Recipe: Steamed Fish with Scallions and Ginger
By Fabiana Santana
From celebrate chef Anita Lo:
Steamed Fish with Scallions and Ginger
-1 x 2# whole fish, scales removed, gutted and scored (such as seabass)
-Salt and pepper
-1/4 cup soy
-2 Tbsp. peanut oil
-1 dash sesame oil
-1/4 cup loose scallion greens, bias cut
-1 Tbsp. Ginger, fine julienne
– Place the fish in a shallow, heat-proof dish.
– Season lightly with salt and pepper inside and out.
– Disperse the scallions and ginger on top, underneath, and inside the fish.
– Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over fish.
– Place the dish with the fish on a rack above boiling water in a suitable pot and cover.
– Cook until a small knife or skewer can be easily inserted into the thickest part of the body of the fish, about 6-7 minutes.
More SMW Food & Wine features