Winter Sweet and Savory Citrus Salad
By Mindy Kobrin
Citrus is in high-season during the winter months and now is the perfect time to rev up your immune system and boost your mood with zesty citrus salads. This favorite crowd-pleasing recipe is bursting with flavor.
Winter Sweet and Savory Citrus Salad Recipe
Prepared in 10 minutes.
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits
- 2 Navel oranges
- 2 Blood oranges
- 2 Tbs toasted almonds or pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ shallot, peeled and minced (option to add a few fennel slices, too)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs Sherry or Champagne vinegar
- ½ tsp Agave honey
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, mint or tarragon leaves, chopped for garnish
- Make rounds of each citrus fruit after removing white pithy skin from each. Place prepared citrus in a large bowl.
- Lightly toast almonds over medium heat in a pan for 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat and chop. Seat aside.
- Peel and mince shallot over a small bowl. Add oil, vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir dressing until well combined. Add salt to taste. Drizzle dressing over citrus rounds and sprinkle top with toasted chopped nuts.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Don’t Worry, Eat Happy!
More Recipes from Mindy on SingleMindedWomen.com