Dress Up Your Easter Kitchen
By Fabiana Santana
The Easter season is the perfect time to bring some color to your kitchen. Using fruit, flowers, and colored eggs will surely do the trick, but why not set a special table this year.
Wilton 3-D Bunny Pan
Dessert never looked so good! This two-piece set from Wilton creates a pair of bunny shaped cakes that come together after baking to create the perfect ode to the Easter Bunny. Decorating is easy with white and green icing and you can use your favorite-boxed mix to make it super easy. Or, try the delicious pound cake recipe below!
Any wine lover will tell you, Riedel makes the best wine glasses. For Easter, the company has created fun, festive pastel colored stemless glasses called the “Happy O” set. Each set comes with one each of red, blue, green, and yellow – just like Easter eggs. The benefit to choosing stemless is that you can use them not just for wine, but for cocktails and other beverages, too.
Rocky Mountain Spring Lamb
There is still time to upgrade your Easter dinner menu. Debragga has the finest lamb in the world on offer, straight from the Rocky Mountains. Finished on a grain diet, the lamb is richer and juicier than what you would find in the supermarket and you can even buy a boneless leg of lamb dinner kit that includes lamb merguez sausage and a veal stock to make a homemade thyme sauce.
Lenox Garden Boots Salt and Pepper Shakers
These cute rain boots not only set the stage for spring, but will make you want to work in your garden. Crafted of Lenox fine china, these adorable salt and pepper shakers are hand painted and accented with gold. Perfect y0ur Easter table and all spring long.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Makes: About 5 cups of batter.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and flour pan or spray with vegetable pan spray with flour.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add vanilla, mix well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, starting and ending with dry.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Refer to the Baking Instructions for baking times and temperatures for specific pans.
- Cool cake in pan about 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely
- Wilton 3-D Bunny Pan
- Riedel “Happy O” Wine Glasses
- Rocky Mountain Spring Lamb
- Lenox Garden Boots Salt and Pepper Shakers
More Great SingleMindedWomen.com Recipes