Guy Fieri’s Roast Turkey Breast Recipe
By SMW Staff
Step 1 in a celebrity chef worthy Thanksgiving dinner.
Guy Fieri’s Foolproof Turkey Breast
Courtesy of foodnetwork.com
- 1 (14 to 16-pound) fresh turkey
- Brine, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon dry rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Remove the legs and wings from the turkey, or have your butcher do it. Reserve for stock.
- Put turkey breast into a large pot or doubled up clean plastic bag. When brine mixture is completely cooled, pour over turkey and place in refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Rinse under clear cool water for 5 minutes, drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine dried spices and lemon zest. Rub turkey with canola oil, lightly sprinkle rub on turkey, any extra rub can be placed in cavity. Cover loosely, refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let rest on counter for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F while turkey is resting.
- In a large, deep baking pan, fitted with a rack, place turkey breast side down and roast for 35 minutes.
- Carefully turn turkey over and reduce heat to 375 degrees F. Continue to roast turkey for 1 hour 45 minutes or until temperature at the deepest part of the breast reads 170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Make sure to check bird every 15 minutes after first hour has passed.
- Take out of oven, loosely tent with foil, let rest in pan for 10 minutes. Carve and serve immediately.
Yield: brine for 1 turkey breast (10 pounds)
- 6 quarts water
- 8 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 7 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoons black peppercorns
In a large stock pot, combine 3 quarts water, 1 cup kosher salt, brown sugar, molasses, sage leaves and peppercorns. Heat until salt dissolves, remove from heat. Add in 3 quarts cool water and 8 cups ice.
More Celebrity Chef Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes from SingleMindedWomen.com