That’s the Spirit! Fun and Festive Holiday Cocktails
By Fabiana Santana
‘Tis the season for parties. The theme is obvious, so embrace all the season has to offer. Christmas cocktails are easy to pull off and decorate with festive garnishes like mini candy canes, mint sprigs and bright cranberries. Use them to decorate party platters, too, and suddenly hors d’oeuvres are inspired!
What better way to give thanks for the friends and family than to gather together? And this year, make spirits a little brighter with these merry mixtures full of guaranteed cheer.
Not so much the hostess? Bring a shaker and a couple bottles to a friend’s house or office celebration and suddenly you’re the life of the other person’s party.
This delicious white Christmas cocktail recipe uses creamy white chocolate and crisp peppermint to make the perfect holiday martini. Or us this as a Christmas shot recipe for a one gulp glory.
- 6 ounces of Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
- 4 ounces of heavy cream
- 4 ounces of peppermint schnapps
- 4 mini candy canes
- 2 large candy canes
- Crush 2 large candy canes into crumbs. Dip the rim of a martini glass into water to moisten and then dip the wet rim into the crushed candy canes. Coat a total of 4 glasses. Set glasses aside.
- Using a large shaker, mix all ingredients with ice and shake well. Garnish with mini candy canes.
- Makes four cocktails.
The Mistletoe Martini Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz Beefeater Gin
- 1/2 oz Allspice Dram
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping tsp Maple Syrup
- Palmful of fresh cranberries
- 8 mint leaves
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass, muddle the cranberries and mint in the syrup and lemon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients with ice and shake well. Strain into martini glass. Garnish with a mint sprig and 2 cranberries. Sip and smooch your neighbor.
- Makes 8, or 4 very large cocktails.
The Grinch Cocktail Recipe
There is always one. The person who reluctantly attends holiday parties only to wind up the loudest singers come caroling time. In their crabby honor, mix up a green grinch cocktail.
- 2 oz. Midori
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sugar syrup (made by melting sugar and water over low heat)
- Using a large shaker, mix all ingredients with ice and shake well. Pour into a martini glass and garnish with a cherry.
- Makes one cocktail.
Peppermint Pomegranate Martini Recipe
- 1.5 oz Rose’s Cocktail Infusions® Pomegranate mix
- 1.5 oz premium vanilla vodka
- 1 cup of ice
- Dash of peppermint schnapps
- Mini Candy Canes
- Crush the candy canes by placing in a plastic bag and smashing with a rolling pin. Wet the rim of the martini glass with Rose’s® Pomegranate Mix and dip into the crushed candy canes.
- Pour mix, vodka, and schnapps into a cocktail shaker. Add 1 cup of crushed ice (or small ice cubes). Shake vigorously for five seconds.
- Strain into martini glass and garnish with miniature candy cane.
- 1.5 oz Rose’s Cocktail Infusions® Pear mix
- 1.5 oz premium pear vodka
- 1 mint sprig
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Add 1 cup crushed ice (or small ice cubes). Shake vigorously for five seconds.
- Strain into martini glass and garnish with mint sprig and pear wedge.
All Rose’s recipes courtesy of Rose’s Cocktail Infusions, available online at www.mixuptheparty.com.
More SingleMindedWomen.com Food & Wine features
In the Kitchen: The Ladies of ‘The Next Food Network Star’
A Spiced Life
In the Kitchen: Cooking with Iron Chef Cat Cora
Celebrate Summer: Cookouts & Cocktails