Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
By Lee Anne Wong
SingleMindedWomen.com had the opportunity to interview Top Chef Lee Anne Wong. After telling us about how she began cooking and what her favorite things to eat are, she provided us with this yummy recipe for Lobster Mac-n-Cheese. Enjoy!
Lee Anne Wong’s Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 piece Lobster, 1½ lbs
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Brandy
- 1½ cups Whole Milk
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Gruyere Cheese, grated
- ¾ cup Fontina Cheese, grated
- ¾ cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Black Pepper
- ½ lb. Shell Pasta
- 2 Tablespoon Chives, minced
- 1 cup Panko Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil and drop the lobster in headfirst. Once the water has come back up to a boil, cook the lobster for 3 minutes, removing from the pot and dropping into an ice bath afterwards to stop the cooking.
- Carefully remove the tail, claw, and knuckle meat from the lobster carcass, discarding the shells. Chop the lobster meat into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and stir until the mixture begins to brown slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg, cayenne and mustard. Add wine and brandy, followed by the milk and cream, stirring constantly to eliminate lumps. Simmer until the mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the four cheeses, mixing well. Set aside ¾ cup of cheese. Add the remaining cheese to the béchamel, stirring until the cheese has melted and the sauce is creamy and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender but firm to the bite. Drain the pasta from the water and toss with the cheese sauce in the cooking pot. Fold in the lobster chunks and minced chives.
- Toast the panko crumbs lightly in a pan with 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Divide the mac and cheese between four ramekins or two shallow casserole dishes. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining cheese and then top with the toasted breadcrumbs and bake in the oven until golden and the tops begin to bubble, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Delicious SingleMindedWomen.com Recipes