Mushroom Matzoh Brie Recipe
By Mindy Kobrin
Single Serving Mushroom Matzoh Brie Recipe
Prepared in 25 minutes or less.
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 4 Matzohs
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced mushrooms, I like Crimini and Shiitake
- 1½ Tbs freshly thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 Two-inch deep by four-inch diameter molds, circular works best
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Over medium heat, add to a small skillet 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Add shallots and sauté until translucent. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until browned. Set aside.
- Gently crumble Matzohs over a fine mesh colander. Run cool water over the crumbled Matzohs until softened, but not mushy. Drain off excess liquid. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the eggs, shallots, mushrooms, thyme and Kosher salt to the Matzoh bowl. Combine thoroughly with a spatula.
- Add the remaining butter to a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once melted grease the molds with melted butter and paper towel. Carefully spoon the Matzoh mixture evenly inside each of the molds.
- Using a wooden spoon lightly pack the filling inside. Bake until springy and golden on top, approximately 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Don’t Worry, Eat Happy!
More Recipes from Mindy on SingleMindedWomen.com