Autumn Recipes: Pear Crumble & Carrot Ginger Puree
By Fabiana Santana
These natural foods recipes are perfect for the fall and holiday seasons.
- 3 pears, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup pear nectar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup whole grain all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3-4 tbsp. butter softened
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place diced pears in a 9×9 casserole dish with pear nectar and lemon juice.
- Combine flour, oats, maple sugar, allspice and sea salt.
- Work softened butter into the flour mixture until it looks like crumbs.
- Top pear with crumb mixture.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8-10 large carrots
- Fresh parsley, sprig
- On a medium high heat, saute onion in butter 3-5 minutes.
- Add stock, ginger and carrots.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
- With a slotted spoon, remove carrot, onions and ginger and puree in a food processor or blender.
- Add puree back to soup.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Bravo TV Top Chef
- Andrea Beaman
- More Holiday Recipes from Andrea Beaman
More Delicious SingleMindedWomen.com Recipes