Super Bowl Recipes from the Pros
By Fabiana Santana
The best Super Bowl recipes from the best NFL players… and their moms!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12-ounce) jar hot sauce or hot pepper sauce
- Blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Put wings, butter, and hot sauce in a slow cooker set on medium and cook 3 hours.
- When finished cooking, set slow cooker to warm and serve (out of the pot) with blue cheese dressing for dipping.
- 36 Rhodes frozen rolls
- ½ lb. sliced pepperoni
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese to season
- Pam spray
- Place dozen frozen rolls on paper plate
- Spray with Olive Oil Pam
- Place in microwave to quick defrost for 1 minute on 50% power
- Spread dough out into the size of the palm of your hand and place 6-8 slices of pepperoni onto of the dough
- Begin pulling the corners of the dough over the pepperoni, spreading evenly and pinch the top of the dough to seal it into a roll.
- Place all your stuffed rolls into an oil-sprayed muffin pan and lightly sprinkle Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese on top
- Cover with wax or parchment paper and towel for several hours to allow rolls to rise. Once they have risen, bake on 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, spray with Olive Oil Pam and add more Parmesan cheese
- Serve hot with Marinara Dipping Sauce.
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 (11 ounce) cans condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 2/3 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the diced onion in a large pot of lightly-salted water; bring to a boil.
- Cook the pasta until close to done, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Transfer the onion and pasta to a casserole dish; season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Stir the butter and brown sugar into the pasta mixture until the butter melts.
- Add the Cheddar cheese soup, Havarti cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup of Cheddar cheese; stir well. Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese over top of the dish.
- Bake in preheated oven about 45 minutes.
- Change oven setting to ‘Broil’ and cook until top is golden brown, about 4 minutes.
Gladys Bettis’ Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 3 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pie shell
- Boil sweet potatoes (either whole or sliced) until tender.
- Once cooled, peel potatoes and mash through ricer.
- Place mashed sweet potatoes in a bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Mix (on medium speed using an electric mixer) until well combined.
- Pour mixture into an unbaked 9-inch pie shell. Bake 40-45 minutes at 400 degrees F or until golden brown.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 7 ounces chipotle barbecue sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 taco shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup spicy salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper, and onion and cook until the garlic is lightly brown.
- Add meat and brown, about 10 minutes. After browned, add barbecue sauce and taco seasoning and stir well.
- Stir in cumin and chili powder and continue to cook another 5 to 10 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper to season as you like. Remove from heat.
- To assemble: Place 2 tablespoons beef in center of each taco shell and top with a large tablespoon each of sour cream, salsa, lettuce, and cheese.