Enter SMW’s Great Girlfriend Getaway Essay Contest!
By Allison O'Connor
For Immediate Release
Phoenix, AZ, October 13, 2008 — You tell your friends your dreams and goals. With them, you relay your greatest fears, and cry your bitterest tears. Now, honor these women with your words, by entering the SMW Great Girlfriend Getaway Essay Contest
Grand Prize: A 2-night stay at the Westin Kierland Resort, in Scottsdale Arizona, for you and three of your closest girl friends!
Your accommodation includes:
- Two guest rooms (two guests per room, accommodating four guests)
- Two $50 Spa Credits
- Yoga Class for Two (two gift cards for the winner, accommodating four guests)
- Two Muddle Cocktails per Room (The Westin Kierland’s signature drink!)
- Shopping/Dining Incentive Book
- Two in-Room Movies (one per room)
Please Note: Airfare is not included.
This accommodation is offered between December 3, 2008 and June 30, 2009.
Here Are the Rules:
- Submit an essay, written by you, on what your girlfriends mean to you.
- The essay can not be more than 1,500 words.
- SMW must receive it between 12:01am ET, on Monday, October 6, 2008 and 11:59pm PT, on Friday, October 31, 2008, via email, at SubmitToSMW@gmail.com
- Please type or paste the essay in the body of the email. Do not send as an attachment.
- No purchase is necessary, but entrants must be SMW members (both of the site, and its community) to win. There is no fee for membership.
- All essays will be read by SMW staff and administration. Between 24 and 48 essays—those deemed the most heartfelt—will be chosen as the contest’s Semi-Finalists.
- Essayists agree that if their essays make it to the Semi-Finalist Round, they may be included in a book published by/for SingleMindedWomen.com. Renumeration will be $10 per author and a free copy.
- Between 6-12 of the Semi-Finalists’ essays will appear each week, for the four weeks between Monday November 3, 2008 and Sunday November 30, 2008, on the SMW Community site, in the “SMW Great Girlfriend Getaway Essay Contest” group.
- Member viewers will be allowed to “vote” for each week’s essays they love best, by writing the comment “I Love This Essay!” in the comment box accompanying the submission.
- Only one vote per member is allowed, for any particular essay. However, members may vote for as many essays as they want. Negative comments will not be posted.
- The top three essays for each week will be placed in the Finalist group. Those 9-12 Finalist essays will run the week of December 1-7, 2008. The essay garnering the most “I Love This Essay” comment will win the accommodations at the Westin Kierland Resort.
About the Westin Kierland Resort:
6902 East Greenway Parkway, Scottsdale, Arizona 85254 / Toll Free (800) 354.5892
The Setting: This desert oasis’ primary inspiration is the area’s native moisture-rich agave plant, used in many of its treatments that were developed by the spa own therapists, as well as rare ancient treatments infused with the essence of the Far East. The Kierland’s 15,000-square-foot full-service spa is located in a standalone building, and features 20 treatment rooms (including one for couples), a full-service beauty salon, studios for movement classes, weight training, and cardiovascular workouts, a juice and smoothie bar, as well as its own quiet lap pool, courtyard, and garden. For the ultimate in privacy and peacefulness, resorts guests reach the spa by passing through a small meditation area and continuing along a walkway shaded by fragrant citrus trees. Cabanas surround the beautiful pool garden, offering private spaces for relaxation, meditation, and outdoor spa treatments. Enjoy a smoothie or light and healthy snack from our delicious spa cuisine menu, or visit the spa boutique for unique products made from our namesake plant.