Safe Sex Goes Door-to-Door with Home Delivery of Condoms
By Josie Brown
It’s always great when lovemaking is spontaneous. But what happens when the urge strikes, and you reach into the bed table drawer–only to discover you’re out of condoms?
No problem, if you live in New York City because your local deli can deliver a box of them–along with a pastrami on rye. (Or in the words of one of George Costanza’s girlfriends on Seinfeld, “I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats.”)
Delivery.com, the nation’s leading destination for online ordering, today announced several new categories of items users can order online for quick, convenient delivery. Beginning this week, users can log on to Delivery.com not only to order food from restaurants and delis, but also to purchase supplies from grocery and drug stores, pet stores, florists, bakeries, and wine & liquor stores–
“We are excited to announce that our site now offers same-day delivery of many local items that consumers really depend on,” said Joe Ariel, CEO of Delivery.com. “We’re constantly adding new and diverse merchants so our users can easily purchase items that they may need in a pinch–toilet paper, diapers, over-the-counter medicine and pet food. Or items that they would prefer not to pick up in person, like condoms, beer or cigarettes.”
According to the online company, the move to expand the availability of non-food items resulted from increased consumer demand for a more diverse vendor list. Within the past six months, Delivery.com secured a number of new vendor partnerships with non-restaurant entities offering a broader range of personal items, home goods, and pet supplies. The number of wine and liquor stores offering delivery services via Delivery.com has quadrupled in recent months.
“The fact that an increased number of wine and liquor stores, grocery stores, and drug stores are eager to join the Delivery.com network speaks to the amount of success local merchants have had partnering with us,” said Jonathan Mark, Vice President of Marketing for Delivery.com. “This is certainly a trend that will continue to rise over the next few years.”
Users of the site will also find:
- Ordering options from local grocery stores, florists, bodegas and wine and liquor shops including Organic Direct, Pets on Lex, Burgundy Wine Company and Insomnia Cookies
- Thousands of popular neighborhood restaurants including Katz’s Deli, Joe’s Pizza, Blue 9 Burger, S’Mac and 2nd Ave Deli
- An affiliate partner program that allows loyal users to earn cash for referring new merchants and users; Affiliate partners can earn up to 50% of the commission Delivery.com collects per order
- Enhanced search capabilities — users can now find neighborhood merchants by product, cuisine, delivery area, payment methods accepted, user reviews and more
- Real-time news feed of items being ordered by New Yorkers and users across the country
- Access to hyper-local discounts and updates on new merchants added daily
- Rewards Points — users receive 25 points per dollar spent on any Delivery.com order; Points can be used to redeem gifts such as Delivery.com gift cards, iPods, XBOX game consoles, laptops and other cool merchandise
So, would you like some extra pickles with that?
— Josie Brown
In bookstores June 1, 2010. Order it TODAY!
“Hollywood’s got nothing on the cast of characters living in the bedroom community of Paradise Heights, who have the secrets, sex, money and scandal of an OK! Magazine cover story. Josie Brown is a skilled observer whose clever dialogue and feisty style make for truly entertaining reading.” –Joan Collins, Hollywood Wives
Delivery.com is the leading destination for online ordering, connecting over a half million users to local merchants in their neighborhoods. Since 2004, our mission has been to provide consumers with a fast, convenient, one stop shop for all of their local delivery needs.
Today, Delivery.com has a network of nearly 10,000 local merchants nationwide, including restaurants, caterers, florists and many others. Our merchants are everywhere from New York to Los Angeles, including Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Boston, Miami, Washington DC, and over 50 other major cities. If we’re not in your neighborhood yet, we have plans to be there soon!
- Restaurant profiles and recommended dishes; promotional discounts and rewards; popular items ordered for delivery; and neighborhood and product-specific ordering trend reports