St. Patrick’s Day Pick-Up Lines
By Josie Brown
One of the joys of being the relationship channel editor here at SMW is that you get a lot pitches for articles. Some of them are pretty good. Others are just laugh-out-loud funny.
The latter description fits a release I’ve found in my email box from Social One, a dating site based in Chicago. It contained what the site hopes are some pithy pick-up lines, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
Okay, I’ll give them an A for effort, since it is a big day for lookin’ over the ladies (or the gents). Still, any woman who falls for these would have to be either (a) desperate or (b) too drunk to know what she’s doing.
Here’s hoping that the guy’s delivery pays them off, and that it turns out to be a lucky twist of fate for both of them–despite the goofy LeprechaunSpeak.
Your thoughts are always welcomed (my own commentary, in italics):
Top 10 Pick-Up Lines on St. Patrick’s Day
1. I may not have four leaves, but if you kiss me, I’ll bring you luck!
Dude, what she really wants to know is, do you at least have four dollars, to buy her a pint of green beer?
2. Why don’t you come catch a leprechaun with me, maybe together we’ll be lucky!
Um…pass. She’d be afraid of catching something that needs a prescription instead.
3. If you don’t go on a date with me, the leprechauns have already won!
If you don’t come up with a better pick-up line than this, even the dead bodies in the cemetery have won, guy. I’m just sayin’.
4. You look magically delicious, and I just happen to be a cereal dater.
You’re always after me lucky charms. Well, fuggetaboutit, because the guy that gets them will have some “charm” of his own.
5. Well you caught me lassie! Now I can grant ye one wish, as long as it involves a date!
I wish you’d quit breathing on me with your beer breath…No, really, I wish you’d quit staring at my boobs….No, no, here’s my wish: That you were George Clooney.
6. How would you like to help put the Irish Spring back into me step?
How would you like me to choke you with the Blarney Stone?
7. You’ve already had seven Irish car bombs (Green beers)? Brilliant!
And I’m still standing. Go figure. You’ve already bombed out with seven women. Go figure.
8. So you actually kissed the Blarney Stone? Tongue or no tongue?
(SERIOUSLY??? This line deserves a green beer bath, followed by a mug to the head.)
9. Let’s go out again so we can share a pot of gold. Tequila gold, that is.
Tell you what, guy: you come back with a real pot of gold, and we’ll talk.
10. Well lass, we’re the only ones left standing. How ‘bout a date this weekend?
Sorry, I’m booked with the Easter Bunny. He’s got better pick-up lines.
Her next novel, The Baby Planner, will be in bookstores on April 5, 2011.
You can read an excerpt here…