Are You Wasting Valuable Time with Mr. Wrong?
By Josie Brown and Martin Brown
Meredith and McDreamy.
Mulder and Scully.
And of course, Jim and Pam.
No matter how sublime your career can be, when you’re home from the office, sometimes it hits you:
Something BIG is missing in your life.
Like, say, someone to share all your successes and accomplishments.
As you look around, you realize that while your friends and family applaud you, they aren’t there with you to savor your victories when the lights are out. You want what others have: happiness in the arms of a commitment partner!
Well, you certainly won’t have that if you’re with the wrong guy.
If you’re sitting on the fence because you’d like to believe that a mediocre relationship is better than no relationship at all, we’re hoping these 10 reasons will change your mind:
1. If you’re hanging in there with the wrong guy, you’ll never find the right guy.
2. Your life won’t be truly happy if you’re always conceding to his wishes.
3. His inability to agree with you on major life decisions, such as whether or not to have kids or where you want to live, means you’ll never live the life you dreamed you’d have.
4. He could be holding you back from your true potential in more ways than you know.
5. Besides your own happiness, your Mr. Wrong may be trampling on the wellbeing of those who love you and realize your dilemma.
6. The farther you go down the wrong path, the more difficult it is to get back to the journey you should be sharing with your true soul mate.
7. If, for whatever reason, he decides to leave you instead of the other way around, you’ll blame yourself for not seeing it coming and for wasting all that time.
8 Although on some level you know he’s Mr. Wrong, you cheat on him and feel guilty afterward. Now you’re in the wrong relationship with the wrong guy and feeling guilty as well! This is going nowhere but downhill. It’s time to develop an exit strategy and follow through.
9. You’re never going to be able to give the best to a relationship that you don’t believe in.
10. Life is too short for silly, stubborn, or fear-driven mistakes — especially when it comes to love.
Excerpted from THE COMPLETE IDIOT’S GUIDE TO FINDING MR. RIGHT, the perfect self-help manual for your BFF (…okay, and for you, too). Authors Martin Brown and Josie Brown are SingleMindedWomen.com’s Health and Relationships channel editors, respectively.
OTHER SMW RELATIONSHIPS ARTICLES