Beauty trends for 2013
By Chris Bell
‘Tini Beauty has come up with a new way to create your own custom looks and colors. They call it “cocktailing” and you get to mix and match colors, layering them or wearing them alone. The ‘Tini Bar lets you create your own nail or lip colors. First you choose a Straight Up Color, then add a Mixer Color, and finish off with a Topper Color. Click “Create Your Cocktail” and it will be able to see exactly what it will look like. Don’t like it, mix again. The combinations are almost limitless. Or you can choose pre-mixed options like Sangria Splash, Island Sunrise, or Sloe Gin Fizz.
- Mixed Textures: Contrasts, like shiny with matte, glitter with cream, and appliques on tips/moons, will come on strong.
- Multiple Accent Nails: Accents and statements will show up on two or three nails at a time rather than just one.
- Nail Art: Designs are here to stay, evolving this season into film reel or comic strip nails where each nail shows a different scene or step in a story.
- Colors: Shades will be colorful but more muted and soft-toned rather than hot, bright or neon.
Look for Nailtini to unveil its new Champagne and Sugar Rim nail kits just in time for spring.
- Lipsticks are still hot for spring, but shimmer will take a back seat to creamier, more velvety textures.
- Shimmer will shine, in garden-inspired hues that give eyes a fresh, bright look.
Another retro trend making a return? Using the same lipstick on the cheeks and lips. ‘Tini Beauty’s Terri Apanasewicz Collection is made for this combo use with smooth, blendable, anti-oxidant rich formulas and great hues that wear equally well on cheeks and lips.
Enjoy these new beauty trends, and as always, apply responsibly.
More SingleMindedWomen.com Style Articles