Hit the High Seas in Nautical Fashions
By Erin Donnelly
Ready to rock the boat, fashion-wise? Stars like Liv Tyler are making a splash with spring’s fun nautical trend, and we’re ready to dive right in. From sailboat and anchor prints to sailor-style trimmings, these top 10 picks will help you get your style sea legs.
1. D&G Dolce & Gabbana Sequin Anchor Tunic: If you can afford yacht-level pricing, this dazzling anchor-print top will help you make a grand entrance at your next soiree.
2. Dahlia Sailor Dress: Remember when the folks used to dress you up in costume-y sailor dresses? This retro-feeling frock is a millions time better – very Katy Perry.
3. LOVE YAYA Castaway Dress: It’s easy to mistake this for a tank and a skirt, but this is actually a one-piece dress. We love the low-cut, Erin Wasson-esque embroidered anchor top.
4. Forever 21 Anchors Aweigh Necklace: Um, cute bling for less than $5? We are so on board with that. This anchor charm is great for giving your outfit a little Amy Winehouse spin.
5. Jami Rodriguez Ahoy Charm Necklace: If you want to go a little fancier, check out this chunky assortment of marine-themed charms, including an anchor, seashell, shark, and sailboat. It’s like wearable pirate’s booty.
6. Shoshanna Sailboat String Bikini: It’s never too early to start bikini shopping, and leave it to preppy goddess Shoshanna to create the ultimate sailboat print. A little bit WASP, a lot sexy.
7. Delia’s Anchor Tee: This yellow tee is a great way to “anchored” to the nautical trend. So cute with a denim mini.
8. Rachel Pally Mexico Dress: This printed strapless maxi dress was made for your next beach getaway.
9. Stella McCartney Sail Print Skirt: Pricey, but pretty, this blue and white skirt would look fabulous with a plain white tank and wedge sandals.
10. Jennifer Behr Sailor’s Knot Headwrap: Keep your locks under wraps with this ropy headband, available in natural, red, navy or black.
More SMW Fashion Advice: