Single Minded Women’s Top 10 Best-Dressed Single Women Celebrities
By Erin Donnelly
Who says having a big fat doorknocker of a diamond on your ring finger is the only way to earn a spot on the best-dressed list? Not us. In fact, we happen to think that it’s Hollywood’s single starlets who seem to really have a keen eye for style. The 10 gals below epitomize true Hollywood glamour, giving hope to us fellow unattached gals who need a little fashion inspiration. And the winners are…
- Anne Hathaway. Step One: Ditch crooked boyfriend. Step Two: Earn Oscar nomination before 30. Step Three: Rock the red carpet in gorgeous frocks from Balmain, Azzaro, Gianfranco Ferre, Chanel, Dior, and more. The runway-savvy star knows her labels, and always puts together looks that are both feminine yet edgy.
- Natalie Portman. Though her streetwear style skews casual and low-key, the brainy actress knows what looks good on the red carpet. From a figure-hugging black Giambattista Valli number to a sweet navy Miu Miu frock to ruffled gowns from Lanvin and Givenchy, Portman has a knack for sophisticated, spotlight-stealing dresses that recall Audrey Hepburn.
- Kerry Washington. The Ray actress seems to make the rounds at every fashion show and party there is, always stunning in feminine get-ups that highlight her curves. She’s especially skilled at mixing and matching big-name designers like Louis Vuitton and Jimmy Choo with aplomb.
- Cameron Diaz. Okay, so technically this blonde is loved up with a British boyfriend, but she’s still ring-less, and that’s good enough in our books. Cameron charms with her everyday ensembles, pairing skinny jeans with tall boots, designer handbags, and killer jackets. Then again, she’s no stranger to lighting up the red carpet, either, with a special interest in avant garde gowns that are anything but boring.
- Ginnifer Goodwin. Goodwin turned heads in her orange Bottega Veneta frock at the premiere of He’s Just Not That Into You, showing that her personal style is a far cry from that of the Mormon housewife she plays on “Big Love.” We love her collection of eye-catching cocktail frocks.
- Kate Hudson. The divorced starlet is known for her signature boho style-think maix dresses, floaty tunics, and California girl gear. But she’s no stranger to glamour, recently stealing the show at Milan Fashion Week in a dazzling gold sequined skirt suit.
- Michelle Williams. From her show-stopping mustard Oscar gown from a few years back to her signature young Brooklyn mom everyday style-heavy on Wayfarers, plaid, and tall black boots-this actress imbues her wardrobe with a signature indie flair.
- Lauren Conrad. This reality star has got such great style, she’s been able to parlay her stint on “The Hills” into a new role as fashion designer. Rarely seen without her beloved Chanel Caviar handbag, Conrad takes a less-is-more approach to fashion, keep it simple yet stunning in modern dresses and toned-down accessories.
- Lucy Liu. “Cashmere Mafia” may not have lasted, but single lady Lucy clearly picked up a lesson or two on high fashion. The actress isn’t afraid to dabble in straight-off-the-runway looks, whether it’s 3.1 Phillip Lim’s zipper dress for Spring ’09 or a voluminous Giambattista Valli.
- Blake Lively. As star of “Gossip Girl,” Blake has the good fortune to wear some jaw-dropping designer gear. In real life, the young star shines in more indie designers like Vena Cava and Rag & Bone.
More Great SMW Articles